California Surfing Report – Mid October 2014. Nice heat wave earlier in the month and some good surf days. Probably more to follow soon.
Do you have any California surf fiction? Submissions welcomehere.
Given the sporadic nature of my report the best way to know when I have updated it is to subscribe to the RSS feed. If you see the home page updated it probably means I did a surf report. About the surf report.
Sign up for the FREE Newsletter.
Want to see your surf pic on the homepage? Submit it here, as long as it’s of surf somewhere in California.
It’s six foot and perfect. Long clean rides, offshore winds, no crowds. Great day for California surfing. Then I wake up. That was last week, and today it’s overcast, small, and blown out. It’s all a part of the experience.
Some days are bad. Some are great. You can read about mine here. I’ve been surfing here in Northern (or “Central” for you absolutists) California for twelve years. I now live in Pacifica, just south of San Francisco. The site focus is San Franciso Bay Area but includes other areas as well. Check out my pictures, videos, and blog.
You will also find articles on gear and vacations with some of my recommendations. The fitness section has an exercise routine that helps me catch more waves. If you’re really bored you can download some wallpaper and stare at it at work.
Find surfboards, wetsuits, accessories, and other surf gear.
Do you have a video iPod? Subscribe to theSurfing California iTunes Video Podcast
- Updated / New Pages
- California surf reports, blog, surf spots, surfing video clips, surf pics, surfing gear, and more.
- Surfing Fitness
- Surfing can be hard on the body. Here are my tips for eating right and exercising to maintain surfing fitness and avoid injuries.
- Popular Surf Spots in California
- A guide to the popular surf spots in California. Descriptions of surf, tips, lodging recommendations, and pics
- Local Surf Shops – California
- A list of local surf shops throughout California.
- Learn to Surf in California
- Do you want to learn to surf? Here some of the best places in California.
- History of Surfing in California
- The history of surfing in California goes back more than 100 years.
- Surf Report California
- Surf Report California – Centered on SF Bay Area
- Former Surf Spots -Thanks for the Memories
- Here are some former surf spots that died at the hands of man. Killer Dana, Stanley’s Reef, and Corona del Mar. Progress has it’s casualities.
- Shark Attacks of California
- There were a grand total of 108 reported shark attacks of California during the entire 20th century. Of those, only 12 were fatal.
- California Surf Fiction
- California surf fiction. Submit your story.
- Surfing Pictures
- See the latest surfing pictures. Sometimes of good surf. Sometimes of bad surf. Always the reality. See what you did or did not miss out on.
- Surfing Video Clips – fresh from the beach
- Surfing Video Clips – Mostly SF Bay Area. Mavericks surfing video clip.
- Surfing Vacations – planning trips in Hawaii, Costa Rica, San Diego, Australia
- How to plan your surfing vacations. Some tips for saving money and catching some waves. Advice for finding good deals on hotels, cars, and surfboard rentals near your favorite surf spots.
- Surfing Dogs
- San Diego has become the most popular city for surfing dogs. There are now two major contests for dog surfers.
- Surfing gear – Tips on Surfboards, Wetsuits, and Accessories.
- Get the right surfing gear for you. You spend too much time finding good surf, read my advice on the best surfing gear. Find surfboards, wetsuits, and accessories for sale.
- Dangers of Surfing – Sharks, Sandbars, and More
- Dangers of Surfing – Sharks, drownings, crowds, sandbars, and other nasties.
- Surfing Museums Show the Rich History of Surfing
- California is home to three surfing museums. They are Santa Cruz, Huntington Beach, and Oceanside.
- Surfing Backgrounds
- Download your free surfing backgrounds. Put it on your desktop and pretend you’re not at work.
- California Surf News and Blog
- Latest California surf news and session blog. Submissions welcome.
- Surf Reviews of Videos, Books, and Magazines.
- Surf reviews of surfing videos, books, and magazines. Because sitting around waiting for good surf gets boring.
- Wave Riders – Bodyboarders, Kite-Surfers, Bodysurfers, and More.
- Wave Riders – I frequently see many other wave riders in the line-up. Kneeboarders and bodyboarders to the more recent stand up paddle surfer and surfing kayaks.
- Surfing Car — Choose The Right One For Transporting You and Your Surfboard.
- Choosing a surfing car – How some vehicle types measure up for surfing and family.
- Surfing and Drowning
- Surfing and drowning is rare, but it does happen. Here are some tips to keep you safe.
- Take some friggen surf polls.
- Surf Polls – What do you want to see?
- Free Learn to Surf 7 Day E-Course
- Get the free learn to surf ecourse. Of course, you’ll still need a lesson, but this will help prepare you and reinforce what you learned.
- Do You Have Questions About California Surfing”
- Submit your question about California surfing here.
- Surfing California Newsletter
- Monthly newsletter providing latest surfing California news and updates to www.SurfingCal.com
- The Surfing Wipeout – Best Surfing Moments Captured in Time
- The wipeout is an inevitable part of surfing, Why not celebrate our best/worst moments with a few pictures.
- Contact US or Share Your California Surf Stories
- Contact Us. Read users submissions. Submit your own California surf stories. Tell us about your session, your sufboard, or just about anything else related to surfing California.
- Search Website
- Submissions for Surfing Content excluding California
- Do you have surfing stories, pics, or video outside of California? Submit it here!